Pharmacists demand the latest evidence- and research-based information on things related to complementary medicines.
Some of us were lucky enough to hear an array of international speakers at the recent Research Symposium presented for the 4th consecutive year by BioCeuticals.
And each symposium seems to get better!
World renowned neurologist David Perlmutter, paediatric gastroenterologist and research scientist Alessio Fasano, functional nutritionist Deanna Minich, neuroendocrinologist Andrew Heyman and cardiologist Mark Houston presented an entertaining array of relevant and patient-centric holistic health information.
Health practitioners of all types exchanged ideas and thoughts during the breaks and over meals.
We read that pharmacists are at the coal face in health. A recent study in the United States suggests that we might be able to do a better job than doctors in helping chronically ill patients manage their blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar levels. How can we do that effectively if we can’t advise on every and any issue affecting their health?
What an opportunity we have been entrusted with!
Here’s what we discussed at the Symposium:
- How nutrition influences gut microbiome and metabolic profiles in health and disease – the coeliac disease paradigm.
- The role of gut permeability in auto-immunity – lessons learned from type-1 diabetes and coeliac disease.
- Beyond adrenal fatigue – the science behind the stress response
- Neuroinflammation in a biotoxic world
- Nutrigenomics and cardiovascular disease
- The eating conundrum diets and disease in the 21st century
- Nutritional supplements and herbs for chronic disease prevention.
- The role of the microbiome in brain health and disease.
- Functional therapeutic approaches to neurologic diseases.
- Metabolic and functional medicine inter-relationships.
Our patients need our help to understand the complexities of health, and what steps they can take to become empowered to become involved.
Are you ready?
Can you help?
Have you made time to attend the 5th BioCeuticals Research Symposium?